The US Department of Labor has said in articles that, “In 2018, more than 43 million people in the United States held a professional certification or license. Professional certifications, while less prolific than licenses, can signal proficiency in fast-changing fields.”
ChE Chartered Economist ® – The ChE is a credential that is globally famous with members in over 50 nations. The Certified Chartered Economist is for economists and financial professionals and specialists. Economist Certification education is important for economics executives, monetary policy, fiscal policy, government jobs, and corporate econ jobs.
Currently offered and recognized by the:
GAFM Global Academy of Finance and Management ® (GAFM), formerly American Academy of Financial Management
Qualification and Educational Requirements Prerequisites
Experience – Three years or more of Economics, Budget, Monetary, or Fiscal Policy experience.
ChE Chartered Economist – Education Requirements – Complete at least one of the following:
- Approved degree (graduate or undergraduate) in related subjects, law or a CPA, MBA, MS, Ph.D., DBA, or JD from an accredited school or organization
- Five or more approved and related Economics or Finance courses from a CHEA, ACBSP or AACSB accredited business school or GAFM/AAFM sanctioned program
- Executive Certification training course with INFORMA CHEA recognized program, Thomson Reuters Golden Finance EuroMoney or one of the GAFM Training partners.
- APPROVED Courses hosted by EdX Coursera Futurelearn, Udacity, or Udemy
Exams/Courses: Applicants may take courses and exams at recognized colleges and business schools. ACBSP.org or AACSB.edu or CHEA recognized business school courses and education count toward certification eligibility and not further exams are needed. If you complete the certification course and assessment, then you need not take further exams.
Continuing Education Requirements: 15 hours per year
Apply for Certification or Check Designation Status Online: Email mailto:email@example.com
Published List of Certification Holders in Good Standing: Online Database for Verification
Accredited By: Accredited by the TUV in Europe – Not subject to BREXIT
Globally Certified By:: GAFM holds ISO 9001 and ISO 29990
Economists typically do the following:
- Research economic issues
- Conduct surveys and collect data
- Analyze data using mathematical models, statistical techniques, and software
- Present research results in reports, tables, and charts
- Interpret and forecast market trends
- Advise businesses, governments, and individuals on economic topics
- Recommend solutions to economic problems
- Write articles for academic journals and other media
Economists apply both qualitative and quantitative economic analysis to topics within a variety of fields, such as education, health, development, and the environment. Some economists study the cost of products, healthcare, or energy, while others examine employment levels, business cycles, exchange rates, taxes, inflation, or interest rates.
Economists often study historical trends and use them to make forecasts. They research and analyze data using a variety of software programs. They sometimes present their research to various audiences. Many economists work in federal, state, and local governments. Federal government economists collect and analyze data about the U.S. economy, including employment, prices, productivity, and wages, among other types of data. They also project spending needs and inform policymakers on the economic impact of laws and regulations. Economists working for corporations help managers and decision-makers understand how the economy will affect their business. Specifically, economists may analyze issues such as consumer demand and sales to help a company maximize its profits.
Economists also work for international organizations, research firms, and think tanks, where they study and analyze a variety of economic issues. Their analyses and forecasts are frequently published in newspapers and journals.
Many Ph.D. economists become postsecondary professors and teachers.
*ChE Chartered Economist ® is a registered trademark within the USA and a copyrighted educational and training program. Dept of Labor Citation: https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2019/article/professional-certifications-and-occupational-licenses.htm