There are few artists who are both genre-bending and musical powerhouses in history;
Fortunately for Florida native KT KingGenius, the shoe fits and he wears it well. Of both Haitian and Bahamian descent, Genius is by nature fluid in language, heritage and musical super powers. Rooting himself in “The Kings of Society,” a brotherhood formed by himself and other like-minded men where “everyone should be treated as royalty. Genius developed his love for the violin, Modern n Classic music and “togetherness” as they all contributed to his mission in life and as a Creole-speaking musician.
“I want to make a new sound for the world and do it my own way,” Genius says. “I struggled, but I made a way.”
Genius strives to give back with a positive impact, yet, he’s on track to do much more than that!
Now Grateful Records Inc. Releasing Genius First Single “Like Me” on the 22nd of Apr.
3) Is there a specific angle you would like this/these articles to cover?
Your Answer: The specific angle for this article would be that anything could be done with the right team and as support.
4) How did you grow your brand/company?
Your answer: I grew my brand by making music and networking nearly everyday. Participating in all types of writing sessions.
5) What were some of the challenges that you faced and how did you overcome them?
Your answer: Some challenges I faced during the start of my career was that I was underestimated multiple times but I pulled through by working on my craft and making sure my sound passed everyone’s expectations.
6) What are the successes that you or your company has achieved so far?
Your answer: Some of my achievements so far have been that I’ve been granted a large distribution deal with Sony and made some of my favourite songs.
7) What are the values/principles that you’ve learned along the way? Which one
defines the way you handle business?
Your answer: Some values and principles I go by for my ways of work are staying true to myself and going 110% each time because people are gonna judge and underestimate before u even say anything so move like it’s your last.
8) How do you deal with stress and burnout?Your answer: A way I deal with stress is with herbal medication and prayer.
9) Can you give some advice/tips to others in your industry coming up today?
Your answer: Some advice I’d give to others in the industry is to never stop working on your craft. Practice really does make perfect and as long as you stay positive great things are to come.
10)What are your plans/goals for your career/business in the coming year/s?
Your answer: My plans and goals for this year is to be a well known artist and get the respect I’ve worked so hard for from across the globe.
11) What are some characteristics that you have that set you apart from others in your industry?
Your answer: Some of my characteristics that set me apart is that I can be quite whimsical and outgoing but I also have a laid back vibe to me considering that I’m a Gemini.
12) Where did you learn the tricks of the trade? Or where did you learn what you know about your career?
Your answer: I learned from all types of people in the industry from my school of Engineering to my friends and family that also do music and my grateful team that has been supporting me through all this.
13) List all social media links here: https://instagram.com/ktkinggenius