Sleep plays a crucial role when it comes to good health and a healthy heart throughout your life. A renowned cardiologist Dr. Biprajit Parbat propounds that quality sleep can help have improved mental health, physical health, quality of life, and a healthy heart.
The health of your heart depends on several factors, including quality sleep. Besides, it also impacts how you feel throughout the day. More often than not, people ignore the importance of quality sleep. They do not follow the sleep routine, which is a MUST in this fast-paced life. Not having quality sleep affects one’s health in numerous ways in the long run. It can raise your risk of sleep deprivation or sleep deficiency. Sleep deprivation or sleep deficiency is a condition that occurs if you don’t get enough sleep on a regular basis.
During sleep, our body works to support healthy brain functions and maintain our physical health. Inadequate sleep or sleep deficiency causes immense damage that occurs instantly or harms you over time. Believe it or not, sleep deficiency can even raise your risk for coronary heart disease. Besides, it can also affect how well you think, work, learn, react, and get along with others.
Here are the reasons for Sleep deficiency:
- You don’t get enough sleep.
- You do not follow a routine or sleep at the wrong time of day.
- You don’t sleep well at night.
- You have a sleep disorder that causes poor quality sleep.
Know that sleeping is a basic human need, like breathing, drinking, and eating. It is one of the most important aspects for a healthy heart and overall well-being throughout your lifetime. Sleep deficiency can lead to chronic physical and mental health problems, injuries, loss of productivity, etc.
SO, SLEEP MORE & ENJOY THE SEVEN MUST-HAVE BENEFITS THAT SLEEP DELIVERS:
1. Our body regenerates for the next day,
2. Our brain freshens up for the next day,
3. Our blood pressure reduces by 20%,
4. Our heart and blood vessels take much-required relaxation for next day stress,
5. New neural networks & creative ideas are formed in the brain,
6. Growth hormone starts working to repair the body – it raises our metabolism and
7. Our stress hormones come down – which saves us from the burnt-out state.”
Say YES to rest, Rest is good!!