In 2024, Apple also plans to purchase roughly 10 million OLED panels for the iPad.

Apple, the electronics giant with headquarters in Cupertino, is reportedly preparing to launch its OLED-displayed next-generation iPads in 2024. According to a recent source, production of OLED screens made especially for the next iPad Pro is expected to begin in February 2024.

The Korea Herald reports that LG Display plans to start OLED production for the new iPad Pro as early as February of next year at their Paju, Gyeonggi Province facility. This is about three months earlier than originally anticipated.

According to sources close to Korea Herald, the displays are anticipated to cost three times as much as those found in iPhones, which could result in higher costs for consumers.

According to MacRumors, the upcoming iPad Pro versions are expected to include the M3 chip, somewhat larger screens, and a redesigned Magic Keyboard attachment, in addition to OLED display technology. The new iPad Pro models are expected to be released in the second quarter of 2024, which runs from April to June, according to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. This timeline roughly corresponds with the most recent Korea Herald rumor.

It has been reported that Apple intends to purchase approximately 10 million OLED panels for the iPad in 2024. It is anticipated that LG will supply about 60% of these panels, with Samsung providing the remaining 40% and focusing mostly on the 11-inch model.

For LG Displays to make a profit the next year, this output is thought to be essential. Right now, LG and Samsung are working together with Apple to finalize the pricing details.

The most recent 12.9-inch iPad Pro model has mini-LED backlighting for higher contrast and brightness than the 12.9-inch model, which has an LCD screen. Backlighting is not necessary with Apple’s next OLED technology. Benefits from this include reduced power consumption, more vivid images, and a greater contrast ratio with deeper blacks.

The ultra-thin hybrid OLED screens that Apple plans to use will probably combine stiff and flexible materials. MacRumors said that this would result in slightly slimmer iPad Pro models going forward.

Topics #Apple #Display #iPad #iPhone #New mobile #New Phone #news #OLED #steve jobs