Leo Oliva is an award-winning feature film actor, writer, and producer, with over ten years of experience in the entertainment industry. As a devoted Graduate of the Meisner Technique and an Actor’s Studio Finalist, Leo has grown his acting career working on such shows as ‘The Last Ship’, ‘NCIS:LA’, and his own feature film, ‘The Shift’ which he wrote, produced, and starred alongside Danny Glover, streaming on Amazon Prime.
His latest project, ‘Home Invasion’ which he developed, produced, and has a leading role alongside Morena Baccarin, John Noble, Paul Blackthorne, and Johan Glans, just released on streaming platforms.
Here are 12 fun facts you probably didn’t know about Leo Oliva
- I’m a first Generation Cuban American. I went to Cuba for the first time in 2016 with my brother and my father, who had not been there since he left 55 years prior at the time of Castor’s takeover.
- I was a professional competitive cheerleader for 4 years.
- I grew up riding horses, even though I am allergic to them.
- I’ve been skydiving eight times in my life and almost got certified to do it on my own before moving out to Los Angeles.
- I am an Aries…the best!
- My favorite color isblue, but not just any blue, Miami blue.
- I normally listen to Hans Zimmer or Oscar Peterson on Pandora, but today I am listening to ‘All I Do Is Win’.
- Food I could eat everyday is a Cubanpalomilla steak with white rice, black beans, and platanitos.
- As a Cuban I enjoy a cigar, my favorite being my namesake Oliva Cigars: Series V Double Torro’s, and I often find myself enjoying a Smooth Drew Estate Undercrown or Liga Privada.
- My favorite board game is Clue. I even made my own version of 305 Clue with my friends. A Miami version of Clue with Trick Daddy and Gloria Estefan as some of the characters.
- My favorite pastime is cycling the Key Biscayne Bridge in Miami or meditating to the sound of waves combing the shores of Miami Beach.
- I went to five Senior Proms between my final year of High School and the one after.